Sunday 2 June 2013

Ogryn colour dilemma.

Hi guys

Progress on these has come to a screaming halt, I have come to a decision crisis, my intension was to paint these guys in the same colours as the previous DKoK troops, fieldgrey with dark grey armour, whilst painting, I am always looking on the net for inspiration, I have noticed a couple of IG. armies/figures with light turquoise colours that looked really good, so my dilemma, should I

1) pull my head in and stick to the current colour, fieldgrey/dark grey.
2) give just this unit light turquoise armour to make them a, little different (I'm a little worried they won't fit in) the uniform would stay fieldgrey.
3)  make light turquoise the colour for all armour in the army (re paint the finish units) the uniform would stay fieldgrey.

I have to also say if I were to use turquoise, I would weather the hell out of it, and make I'd really beaten up.











7 comments:

  1. I like the field grey. Nice WW1 German fell/look to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nick, thanks for the advice, the fieldgrey is staying regardless, trying to work out what colour to paint the armour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The field grey with dark grey armor Looks Great. If I Remember the Background for the Imperial Guard Option # 2 would Probably Work At least within the Frame Work of the 40K. Imperial Guard Regiments That Don't Regularly have access to Native Ogryns. These Regiments Often "acquire Ogryn squads" without Authorization. The previous commanders is Very Rarely informed When this Happens.

    I really like Option # 3 Why don't you try the light turquoise 1 or 2 Infantry Troopers & 1 Rough Rider & see how it looks. I think the Contrast between light turquoise armor & the field grey uniform Would Pop.


    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd stick to the original dark grey idea. Fits the gritty dogged determination of the DKoK

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys, after much consideration I have decided to keep to the current colours, and will push on with these tonight, thanks for your advice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "These Regiments Often "acquire Ogryn squads" without Authorization. The previous commanders is Very Rarely informed When this Happens."

    'Midnight Reconnaissance and Acquisitions Patrol?' Dunno what you mean. We've always had these big fellas, isn't that right, boys?

    ReplyDelete