Friday 7 October 2011

WIP SAGA Normans

Hi guys, I recently swapped my GW Space Marine collection for a shed load of Crusader Normans, I have enough for a good size Impetus Army and a large SAGA warband, so have started on the SAGA warband. I have painted 15mm Medievals but these are my first 28mm Medievals.
I have only done the metals and skin so far, they will come to life with a bit of colour on the shields and clothes, these are pretty good figures, only slight mold lines, no flash, the poses are nice, detail is good and anatomically they look right, my only gripe is the hands are a little big, but I can live with that, I give them 8/10.
The warband will have these 8 axe/swordsman, 8 armored crossbows, 12 levy bows, 8 spearman in padded armor, 8 unarmored spearman, 2 X 4 mounted knights, William and Bishop Odo.








10 comments:

  1. Very nice; I love the Crusader Norman range. They were my first WAB army. BTW, I've been hearing some interesting things about Saga. I'm keen to try it out. One of my gaming buddies has the rules - I plan to talk him into hosting a game. Best, Dean

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great Dan. Saga looks like a lot of fun - hopefully I'll get a game in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking fig's. Keen to see them when they are finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on a Viking Warband and then will do a Norman one. Great progress on your Normans - well done!
    Miles

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I have only done the metals and skin so far..."

    That's almost all of a Norman done' isn't it? :)

    Anyway, I hope to start painting the Assault Space Marines fg passed to me this Sunday - rain in the evening these past few days meant I couldn't get them primed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice minis! The Saga rules sound really cool. If I wasn't a solo gamer I'd be looking into them further.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice...I look forward to seeing them with thier shields
    Cheers
    paul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice! What technique do you use for the flesh tones?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks guys
    Justbill - whites of eyes, black dot for pupil, 2 coats of GW dwarf flesh, a wash with GW Ogre wash, a highlight with GW dwarf flesh lightened with white, dwarf flesh with a touch of dark red for the bottom lip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the faces, they're very well done!

    ReplyDelete